The Kick-Off Meeting of the EURspace Project was held in Arcos de Valdevez, Portugal, from the 25th to 26th of November 2015, organized by the coordinator partner – Escola Profissional do Alto Lima CIPRL.
The Project, which had started up in September 2015, acquired a further boost with the realization of the first transnational meeting, which contributed to the exchange of experiences between partners, comparing the functioning of the educational systems between countries, especially with regard to Initial Vocational Education and Training, as well as the state of development of each country, concerning the recognition, validation and certification of the learning outcomes acquired by learners in Vocational Education and Training, during their participation in European mobility programmes.
The EURspace Project is financed by Erasmus+ Programme, key action 2 (cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices), and is being developed by a European strategic partnership for vocational education and training, which is composed by 8 organizations of 7 European countries:
- Escola Profissional do Alto Lima, C.I.P.R.L. (Portugal);
- Vilnius Tourism and Commerce School (Lithuania);
- Colegiul Tehnic Gheorghe Cartianu (Romania);
- Heziketa Teknikoko Elkartea (Spain);
- Zeynep Mehmet Dönmez Mesleki ve Teknik Anadolu Lisesi (Turkey);
- Sustainable Develoment Management Institute (France);
- Associazone CNOS FAP Regione Umbria (Italy);
- Inercia Digital S.L. (Spain).
During the meeting, partners voted to choose the EURspace logotype. The Project has, from now on, a strong graphic image to promote it.
Till August 2018, partners commit themselves to develop the following outputs:
- a Digital European Platform to support the processes of recognition, validation, allocation of credits and certification of qualifications and/or units of learning outcomes in Vocational Education and Training;
- a EURspace Pedagogical Kit composed of a Methodological Guide for Professionals (descriptive guide of the Matching Methodology developed) and a Battery of Instruments (a compendium of tools concerning the pedagogical processes involved in the evaluation, recognition, validation and certification of units of learning outcomes);
- Guide to support ECVET Understanding for Learners in Initial Vocational Education and Training – EURspace for Learners in IVET.