EUREQUAL project was elaborated due to the various lacunas identified by Epralima such as: technical, professional, linguistic and soft-skills, required to improve qualification/employability of 3 target groups with key activities:
– Mobility for 64 IVT’s: professional internships (PI) in companies;
– Mobility for 12 recent VET graduates: PI in companies;
– Mobility for 16 staff: training (placement/ job shadowing) in organizations working directly/indirectly with VET.
The activities of IVT, recent graduates and staff will be organized in 3 stages, distributed through various fluxes during the 24 months of the project’s duration and the following countries: Spain, Italy, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, and Romania.
IVT students/recent graduates will carry out PI with the duration of 4 or 8 weeks. These PI should be directed towards the development, improvement and practice of technical skills of the following professional areas: aesthetics, animation/tourism, electronics/automation, electrical installations, health auxiliaries, ICT (3D digital design), industrial maintenance/electro-mechanics, marketing/publicity, legal services, reception, restaurant management, sales and sports.
Mobility goals for IVT and recent graduates are:
1. Acquire/improve technical expertise in the areas of training;
2. Improve the quality of professional profiles, through the application of new working techniques related to the specific professional areas, thereby increasing the prospects of employability;
3. Adopt a more versatile attitude: autonomy/confidence within the specified areas, through exposure to new contexts/situations;
4. Manage time in order to achieve objectives;
5. Apply theoretical knowledge acquired till the mobility date by improving the predisposition to the teaching-learning process;
6. Increase soft skills, especially posture, teamwork, cooperation/adaptation to multicultural environments;
7. Adopt a more flexible/tolerant attitude through the respect for the values, beliefs and different opinions due to the exposure to different cultures;
8. Increase linguistic knowledge of the English language, especially the dimensions: listening, oral interaction and oral production;
9. Acquire a more transparent view regarding EU citizenship.
The IVT’s and recent graduates will be accompanied since it is the accompanying teacher who establishes the connection between the SP (Sending Partner) and the HP (Host Partner), being essential when it comes to minors. This role is indispensable because it provides a sense of security facilitating integration in the SP, and from the parents’ point of view they assume a “parental” role in their absence.
With this application Epralima also intends to extend the ECVET system and implement it in the other training areas taught by the school. For this reason, only the MoU’s of area 811 – Restaurant Management are found in the annex.
In reference to staff mobility, this will consist of the exchange of knowledge/experience within the ambit of the mobility projects – placement/ job shadowing – and a series of workshops aimed at the theme of Equality.
Considering that this project has a multidisciplinary nature, it is not mandatory that participants have degrees in specific scientific areas or possess specific academic levels of education; therefore it is possible for collaborators who do not have University Degrees to also participate in the project.
In general, staff mobility projects aim to promote the development of capacities and skills of the educational agents, but in this case, the intention is to focus on the theme of equality and reduce inequalities at the individual, institutional and social levels, such as:
– The acquisition of relevant knowledge and skills required to combat discrimination, as well as prejudices and stereotypes (i.e. identifying contents that camouflage stereotypical and biased descriptions of particular groups, which can help to identify situations of discrimination in the society);
– Allow participants to verify how people feel about situations of discrimination;
– Mould anti-discriminatory attitudes and behaviours;
– Familiarize the participants with the current literature and legislation on Equality, at national, international and European levels;
– Promote strategies for social transformation through Lifelong Learning.
Soft-skills to be developed by all target groups:
– Language skills (English and host country’s mother tongue in some cases);
– Social/civic/intercultural skills and respect for the dignity, freedom, democracy, equality, pluralism, non-discrimination, tolerance and understanding of the differences;
– Oral communication skills/distance communication;
– Autonomy, initiative, dynamism, openness towards change, teamwork;
– Skills related to creative spirit/entrepreneurship capacity.
This is a private project. To join you must be a registered site member and request project membership.